Full Stack Developer
Massive is a Vancouver-based full-service creative agency helping ambitious brands craft experiences in digital and analog environments.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer with leadership qualities to join our small, but growing engineering team. At Massive, you’ll also collaborate with a team of talented designers, copywriters and strategists to build world-class websites and platforms for our clients. The right candidate is comfortable in a fast paced environment and has experience across a variety of tech stacks to tackle a range of projects.
The role requires extensive experience developing in WordPress, a passion for creative problem solving, and a desire to improve efficiency across the SDLC. Experience working within an agency development team is an asset.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee scope and timeline of development projects to ensure they are executed on time and on budget.
- Work closely with Project Managers and the Directors to produce accurate delivery estimates
- Collaborate with Designers to ensure UX outcomes translate into efficient, clean code
- Inform and communicate database infrastructure needs on projects large and small
- Review code and push changes through to production
- Collaborate with the Project Management office on internal QA
- Efficiently and clearly communicate technical risks and tradeoffs to less technical team members across the organization and to clients, empowering them with accurate and actionable information
- Ability to cleanly plan/architect WordPress sites, balancing client needs and available resources
- Experience in planning and executing integrations between websites and other systems (e.g. CRMs, Identity and Access Management services)
- Experience with creating and consuming GraphQL APIs
- Experience with use of headless CMS platforms (e.g. Contentful, Sanity)
- Ability to plan and stand up staging and production environments across a variety of infrastructures following best practices
- Experience/knowledge of security best practices across the SDLC
- Working knowledge of authentication and authorization standards and frameworks, and the ability to choose and implement/configure these securely based on project needs
- Responsible for own code quality and demonstrating leadership to others on the dev team
- Working knowledge of TypeScript, React, React frameworks (e.g. Gatsby, Next.js) and webpack
- Experience Developing custom blocks for WordPress block editor (Gutenburg)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (e.g. SCSS syntax of SASS) and component frameworks (e.g. styled-components)
- Experience/facility with WordPress plugins such as ACF, Relevanssi, Gravity Forms
- Strong working knowledge of web accessibility standards and ability to implement experiences that meet these standards and, more importantly, a desire for a greater diversity of people to be able to use them regardless of any specific regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated skill with cross-disciplinary communication and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable in an agile environment
- At least 6 years of professional experience working with WordPress, PHP, and MySQL
- Excellent command of the English language is required
Salary based on experience.
If you think you’re the person for the job, please apply below.
Due to the volume of responses received, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Massive Media.